Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blessed Mother Teresa Novena starts Thursday


As I posted a month or so ago, I volunteered at Missionaries of Charity this summer for 3 weeks at their urban youth camp and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I knew of Mother Teresa and her work thoughout India, but had no idea the extent of her works until I spent some quality time with the Sisters. This Thursday marks the centinnial of her birth and the Sisters are having a novena with a mass said everyday for 9 days and a celebration after the 9 days. I sent Lauren @ Magnify the Lord Within Me the novena book after prayer buddies and we will be praying it "together" and for each other. I thought I would pass the information to you all as well. Obviously distance seperates us and we can't celebrate the masses together, however, we sure can pray together! So starting tomorrow, here is the information about the novena. Pray for us Blessed Mother Teresa!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait! Thanks so much, Allie, for the information and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in! Bl. Teresa of Calcutta, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in too! And guess what, today would have been Mother Teresa's 100th birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my connection to this beautiful community. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete