Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Thanks to Somehow, Someway, Someday for tagging me - I am a little late to this, but here goes!
1. My sister is almost almost 8 years younger than me, but everyone thinks we are closer in age because we are best friends and super super close. I can't imagine what I would have done without her support during these difficult times. My whole family is super close - 5 siblings and no one lives less than 20 miles apart.
2. I previously posted this about a month ago, but I think it is pretty darn interesting...I talked my way into a job teaching Spanish when I knew about 2 words. I worked my butt off studying for a year and lived in Guatemala for a few weeks last summer and passed the high school teacher's Spanish Praxis test and got my certification!
3. I didn't get married until I was almost 35 years old, but Blake is well worth the wait :)
4. I was engaged before and called off the wedding about 2 months before the date. Invitations were out, dress bought, house had a contract, you name it. Saints be praised I had the courage to scram. It was the hardest decision I ever made in my life, but my life would be miserable if I had not left the relationship. He was lawyer/musician (the problem) and a partier to boot. I wouldn't have met my DH if I had not done it!
5. I have had about 17 wrecks in my life. Most were minor like hitting a garage, or wall in a parking garage, or minor fender benders that required little to no work, but I totalled 2 cars. My attention span was a bit spastic. Now I don't text or rarely dial calls while driving. I am better driver now and have been accident free for about 5 years. (knock on wood!), although my brother still makes the sign of the cross on my neice and nephews heads before the take off in a car with me.
6. I desperately wanted to go to cosmotology school, but my dad stongly urged (made) me go to Mississippi State. I hated it until I joined a sorority and had so much fun I didn't want to graduate. Thankfully I changed my major from forestry to Education. LOL - I wanted to be a park ranger at one time.
7. My favorite things to do are cook, garden, and exercise. All 3 things stress me out though because I work hard to find time to do them all, but relax while doing them. My new favorite is power yoga - I am obsessed with it :)
8. I am going on a pilgrimage in less than 4 weeks to Fatima, Spain, and Lourdes. I am on pins and needles with excitement! I will have 6 stamps on my passport when I return. Where to next....
9. I love reality tv, especially The Bachelor, THe Bachelorette, Housewives of New Jersey, Housewives of DC, and especially Dancing With the Stars. If I could do anything at all well, I would choose dancing. Another thing that is stressful though is finding time to watch them.
10. I love love love my faith. My life has changed so much (for the better) since all this fertility mess I have been enveloped in for the past almost 2 years. I definitely pray more, have changed my life in little ways, but I am ready to pray in praise, not supplication~