- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1. We have a bountiful peach tree in our back yard and I have now used peaches every way to Sunday. Peach crisp, peach spinach salad, peaches and milk, you name it. I have to cut around the bugs in alot of them but have so many frozen for later and there are still about a hundred or so on the tree. Two weeks ago it completely fell over and DH had to prop and stake it. I hope we don't lose it over the winter :( Any other ideas or recipes for me?
2. Please help me! I sign into blogger and can comment on most blogs no problem but some won't allow me to or I have to comment anonymously. If I try using google id and sign into my account and comment again it redirects me back to the sign in page again. So frustrating! I want to comment on blogs and can't! Some I had trouble with are LITTLE CATHOLIC BUBBLE, A MARTHA TRYING TO BE MARY, ST RITAS ROSES. What is going on??!!
3. Just got back from the farmers market and bought them out of Cherokee purple heirloom tomatoes. I cannot get enough fresh maters in the summer. One of my all time favorite things.
4. We painted the nursery a pale blue and the fabric came in for the curtains. Mom and I are cutting them out and sewing them this week. Online they would have been about $230 but instead the same fabric cost me $44. Steal!
5. This past Monday marked the halfway point of my summer vacation and I don't know where the time went. We start back August 1st, earlier every year it seems.
6. BM wrote me back this week with great news. She said sorry for not writing back she had not been at home and that she was absolutely sure about giving the baby to us. She is only concerned about the medical costs not covered by her insurance (or rather her stepdad is) and kept referring the the baby as "LA BEBE"!! It's a girl!! We are so very excited and have chosen the name Mary Jacinta, after my sister and Blessed Jacinta Marto of Fatima. Before she emailed me I had talked to our lawyer who met with them the week before, and he said she was not changing her mind- but it sure felt awesome to get that email.
7. Ok I need some honest opinions here. Brutal honesty - no holding back, seriously.
We are blessed to have so many people who want to give us a shower. I was thinking about asking one or two of them to have a money tree shower for us en lieu of a traditional one to help us cover the cost of the adoption. We haven't saved enough though not from lack of trying! Now with the added medical costs we will have for the BM, I am stressing. Brutal honesty please!